Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crocheting really has been there for me during rough times

I mean really been there for me....and in ways saved my sanity and my life.   Life throws us all kinds of stuff...but its that stuff that makes us the people we are today.  Still when things are tough and right now the economy is not good, people are out of work and nothing is getting any cheaper.....with that said, let me move on a little....i want to make this a reason for you to visit me and get to know me and who i am, not a depressing place .  When i was around 34 i was diagnosed with MS....it rocked my world and i was really sick and before i was finally diagnosed, i went through the wringer just trying to figure out what was wrong with me.  Well needless to say, i was unable to work and a single parent to 2 teenagers, it was hard....but i got to thinking and angels were a big thing at the time, so i started crocheting these angels and selling them....i made them out of crochet cotton and starched them and sold them.....and literally this is how i  paid my bills...but not only that, it gave me some confidence as well....that i wasn't worthless, i could still do something and I felt productive again....and not only that, it was an outlet for me so that i did not feel sorry for myself and worry so much about things, it was a  peaceful time when i had that thread and hook in my hands and I was so thankful i could use my hands as i wasn't able to walk and literally i was in a wheelchair.  Well things did get better but i really do owe it all (well not all) but crocheting played a huge part in me getting better.....and now 18 years later i am able to get around and i still have my crocheting and hooks.  My health has once again failed me, so again, I do not think angels are the item of the day, but i am going to try to figure out how to sell my items but while i am doing that and getting familiar with all of this (blogging, setting up websites, etc) and meeting some awful nice people along the way, i would share my journey with you.  I want to help others learn to crochet and love it as much as i do, and as i am pretty much housebound this is my way to communicate with others and make new acquaintances and hopefully a good friend along the way but most of all to encourage others too....well i am still working with wordpress and trying to getting patterns written out so i can share some of those as well with you all, so please be patient  with me.  Thanks for reading and see ya again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment